Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17th -- Steering Sensor

Even though my main focus was to post as much as I could on ebay today, I had to do something with my hands!  The VD had a number of AiM sensors installed but most of them I don't need because the Honda engine will have an ECU that will give me a number of data signals including throttle, oil pressure, and oil temperature.  I am going to sell the AiM XG Log system that I had in my FV because it is not expandable and I am probably going to get an AiM EV04 system because it is expandable and it has some additional features that I like.  I had a steering sensor in my FV but the VD has a steering sensor installed in the steering rack which is really nice because I won't need to install a pulley on the steering shaft and create a bracket to hold the sensor.  The problem is the wires going to the VD steering sensor were pulled away from the sensor so I wanted to see if I could get it working again.  First, I tested it with an Ohm meter to make sure it is still good -- which it is.  Then, I re-soldered the wires to it.  In order to prevent the wires from pulling away from it again, I covered the wires at the solder points with 5 minute epoxy.  It isn't pretty but it should work just fine now!


No comments:

Post a Comment