Monday, May 7, 2012

Vital Signs!!

This past weekend I finally got to the point where I could permanently (at least until the next tear down) mount the bodywork and therefore I could install the radiators, fill the engine full of fluids, and START IT!!  It has been a long time coming!  Before starting it though, I took the spark plugs out and cranked it over until I got some oil pressure.  Then I reinstalled the spark plugs, flipped on the fuel pump, flipped on the ignition switch, and it started right up!  Unfortunately there was a couple of fuel leaks that needed fixing as well as a water leak.  The fuel pressure was also way too high.  I also wasn't getting an rpm reading in my data system and I found that was a setting in the data system software.  Once I fixed all the leaks, I started the engine again and set the idle as well as the fuel pressure.  Here is a pic of a typical graph from the AIM Analysis software showing all the vital signs.  You can see when I adjusted the idle and set the fuel pressure.

Getting the engine started with no major problems was a great feeling -- it shouldn't be long before I can drive it!!  I'm targeting a test day at our local track on June 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment