Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The 2013 Season

I haven't posted in a while because I have been heads down getting the car ready for the 2013 season.  I will again be competing in the F1600 Championship Series (www.f1600series.com) and the series kicks off at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) next weekend (April 11th - 14th).  My wife, Terry, and I will be there and we are really looking forward to it!  The series announced that there will be a Master's Class which means that old guys like me (over the age of 40) can compete for points separate from the overall points distributed throughout the field.  Right now there are 28 entries for VIR and half of those are Masters entries.  Here is a link to the entry list:  http://www.f1600series.com/drivers.html  Believe me, most of the Masters drivers are renowned competitors and it definitely won't be easy to get on the Masters podium.  And frankly, my only focus is to do the best I can and continue to improve and learn about the engineering aspects of this car.  I also really hope that I have worn out the bad luck that I had last year!  It doesn't look like I will be able to make all six race weekends but I'm planning on attending four out of the six race weekends.

The one thing that I'm really excited about is that Terry and I will be raising money for the Fisher House Foundation (www.fisherhouse.org).  Fisher House is a fantastic charity that helps our wounded/ill military personnel and their families.  They have several programs but their main program is building houses near military hospitals so that families of hospitalized military personnel can stay in the houses free of charge for as long as they need to.  Be sure to check them out and stay tuned for a press release announcing this partnership!

No comments:

Post a Comment