Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fuel System Revisited

One good thing about creating this blog is that people are looking at it and ended up getting some good advice about the location of my fuel filter.  It turns out that I had it too close to the exhaust so I needed to move it.  I really wanted to keep it before the fuel pump but I just couldn't make that work so I moved it to the top of the engine so that I could still get to it.


A know other racers that have if after the fuel pump so it shouldn't be an issue.  Concerns were also voiced about the location of my fuel pump.  Ideally you want an external electric fuel pump at or below the fuel exit point from the gas tank since electric fuel pumps push fuel better than pull it.  I really wanted to put the fuel pump lower but again, I just couldn't figure out a way to do that so I mounted it as low as I could.  However, I emailed a picture to Walbro (the fuel pump manufacturer) and a technical expert responded and said that my fuel pump location was fine which at least gives my some piece of mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment