Saturday, October 22, 2011

Honda Fit Part 3

I'm considering the excerpt on the oil pan and oil scavenge pump as Part 2 in the engine build so this excerpt is Part 3.  HPD sent me the jam nuts I needed to remove the oil filter boss so I was able to get that removed and installed in the new oil pan. 









After I got the boss moved over, I installed the oil pump pulley.


Next it was time for the alternator.  The manual wasn't very explanatory and it took me a little while to figure out exactly how it mounted.  One of the things that confused me was that the nut provided was too big for the bolt that it was supposed to go on so I ended up using an AN nut and bolt that I had.










Next, I tackled the intake -- a very nice looking piece!


A couple of sensors needed to be installed in it, a MAP sensor and an Air Temp sensor.











In order to get the intake on the engine I had to first re-install the plennum.


And finally the intake with the support brackets.











Now it was time for the throttle body.  The manual gave directions on changing the throttle lever but the lever that was installed looked like the correct one and I didn't see a different one provided in the kit so I'm pretty sure that I didn't have to go through that process but I emailed HPD about it just to make sure.


The airflow to the engine is restricted via a restrictor plate.  The one provided has a 29mm hole for SCCA competition but the F1600 series uses one with a 31mm hole so I need to get one of those plates.



After I called on the intake and plennum installed on the engine I went to install the engine wiring harness.  I installed the coil wires with no problems but when I went to install the fuel injector wires I realized I messed up and should have paid a little more attention to the manual.  I should have installed the wiring harness before installing the intake.  Not a big deal, just had to take off the intake.






The engine is almost done but that is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment