Sunday, October 28, 2012

Reflection

Looking back on my first season (really a partial season), I still feel good despite the crashes.  I converted the car from a Formula Continental to a Formula F with Honda power and I learned a lot in the process.  I wanted some different challenges and I got them.  I'm getting more and more comfortable with the car and I know that a lot more speed is there.  The one thing that I still haven't gotten used to is how quickly this car brakes compared to a FV.  There is definitely a lot of time on the table there.  The car is really a blast to drive but certainly not cheaper than running a FV.  It will be a little of a challenge to manage the costs and I will be seeing if I can find some additional sponsorship.  If I can't then I will just have to see how much I can do with the budget that I have.  But I'm still glad that I have gone through the process and I hope that everyone has enjoyed the blog!  A number of people have come up to me during the year and have told me that they have been reading my blog and have enjoyed it so that makes me feel good.  One of the things that I wanted to get across to everyone is that although racing a car like this isn't cheap, it can be done without a lot of high dollar shop equipment and a large professional team.  However, there is no doubt that I am at a disadvantage against those large teams.  That is ok with me -- I'm doing the best that I can with what I got and I will continue to get better!!  I also plan on continuing this blog although I probably won't be updating it as often as when I was building the car.  I hope everyone keeps following and I welcome questions from anyone that has them!

No comments:

Post a Comment