Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fuel System Part 2

It took me a little while to figure out exactly how to mount everything and I ended up having to order different fittings over a couple of weekends.  I also didn't have a fuel pressure sensor from HPD so I let them know and they sent one to me.  Here is a pic of everything installed without the engine is in place.


I also covered the lines with heat shield just to keep the fuel as cool as possible.  You will notice that the filler neck is now installed.  Eric Langbein welded a -6 fitting onto the filler neck.  The line coming off the bottom of the fuel regulator attaches to the filler neck and this shoots over flow fuel back into the fuel cell.  Eric made the fitting so that it shoots the fuel down the filler neck at a 90 degree angle.  The only thing that is not installed is the air vent hose.

Here is a close up of the fuel regulator with the engine installed -- you can see the fuel pressure sensor coming off of the fuel regulator at a 45 degree angle.  I couldn't have it come straight out because it would have come in contact with the engine.


And a pic of the fuel filter as well as the fuel pump.



Here is a pic of the fuel sampling port which is a requirement of the SCCA.  Putting it here gives me nice easy access to it and gives me a good place to separate the line when I pull the engine.


So all the hoses are complete but one of the things that I spent the most time on was the aluminum cover to the fuel cell.  I bent the first one wrong and I was out of aluminum so I had to order more and bend another one.  But I finally got it bent and to fit right.  Here is a pic of it installed. 



So, the fuel system is done!!  Next is the oil system!

2 comments:

  1. I've been surfing online more than three hours nowadays, but I never found any fascinating article like yours. It's lovely price sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the internet will probably be much more useful than ever before.
    American Standard Madera Top Spud FloWise Height Bowl Commercial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Larry! Glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete